Position: Rigging Project Manager
Reports to: Rigging Manager
Gopher Stage Lighting, Inc. is seeking a Rigging Project Manager to join our team.
Gopher Stage Lighting, Inc. provides lighting and rigging systems for architectural and entertainment installations.
Description of Position: The Rigging Project Manager oversees the daily management of all Rigging Projects. This position qualifies potential projects where procurement and installation of rigging, motors, battens, pipes, and other related products are required. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and does require some travel.
- Coach, supervise (when required), and offer technical advice and support to rigging installers and other team members in the Rigging department.
- Participate in project planning and coordination meetings as required.
- Provide site inspection, develop project planning, and assign team members as required.
- Assure all products for awarded projects are purchased and delivered on a timely basis.
- Coordinate with the Lighting and Controls Department when joint quotations are developed and submitted.
- Provide inside project management services such as storage of products, delivery coordination, equipment repairs, and labor scheduling as needed.
- Initiate customer meetings to resolve problems and follow-up on all Rigging projects.
- Provide Large On-Site Project Management Services which include:
- Understand design, engineering, and owner expectations.
- Review project specifications and request revisions as needed.
- Provide contractor support and planning.
- Order materials and coordinate deliveries.
- Co-Manage same site Rigging & Lighting Projects
The Rigging Project Manager regularly communicates with:
- GSL team members: All departments
- Manufacturers: Directly and through local representatives
- Project Design Team: Architects, Engineers & Lighting Designers
- Customers: Contractors, Facilities Managers, Owners, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in construction and/or entertainment production industries.
- Project Management/Construction Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of construction documentation and projects experience required.
- Able to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Certification or ability to obtain certifications is required: including OSHA 30 Construction Safety Training and other certifications as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be comfortable at heights.
- Experience managing teams of employees.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of theatrical rigging practices and procedures.
- Awareness and understanding of Industry policies.
- Proven interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills required including excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical systems aptitude preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with a design focus.
- Strong computer background using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows, and AutoCAD.
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug testing when required by job sites.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Medical and Dental Insurance Plans – Company Paid
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Family Leave Policy
- Personal Safety Equipment provided and/or subsidized
Please direct all inquiries/applications to Todd Reemtsma, General Manager, at email@example.com.
Gopher Stage Lighting is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and BIPOC individuals are encouraged to apply.